Registration and hot breakfast will begin at 7:15 a.m. program to follow at 8:00 a.m.
Speaker: Dr. Larry Wolk
Colorado is building one of the most robust statewide health information exchange (HIE) networks in the country, and this program will provide attendees with an explanation for how it works, who is participating, and the ways the data is being used to improve care coordination,
reduce avoidable hospital readmissions and redundant testing, support value-based payment initiatives, and streamline and enhance performance reporting (including HEDIS).
• Describe different methods for data exchange and the approach Colorado is taking with HIE.
• List the various types of health care providers and organizations participating in HIE.
• Explain the differences between a “private” HIE and a “public” HIE.
• Identify the ways that HIE improves the quality patient care and helps to reduce health care costs.
• Discuss how large amounts of clinical data could be used for advanced analytics and improvements in disease management or population health.
Children's Hospital Colorado - second floor
13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045
Free parking is available in the parking garage directly in front of the hospital.